Thursday, December 5, 2013

Rest In Peace Nelson Mandela (1918-2013)

I can't believe I have another sad story to write on my blog. It's not long ago I wrote about Paul Walker died in a tragic car accident. Now I'm going to write about Nelson Mandela who died yesterday, on December 5th 2013 at the age of 95. He was died because of his illness. It was told that he died in peace. All of his relatives gathered around his bed before he died.

When he was sick

I may be not a person who knows him well but I know that he's the one who brings peace in South Africa. The one who fought hard when it was the apartheid period. He's the anti-apartheid warrior. He fought for equality in South Africa which brought many inspirations to others.

He was the first member of his family who's going to school and enrolled to the University of Fort Hare. He studied law which later led him to become a leader of African National Congress (ANC). He became the very first person who demanded a racial equality during the apartheid.

Since his movement to fight the apartheid regime was met with a brutal crackdown by the government at that time, Nelson Mandela as the leader of ANC was imprisoned for 27 years in Roben Island Jail. As the black political prisoner, he received the lowest treat in the jailhouse. Even so, he still had the faith that human could always be changed and be taught how to love each other in order to bring peace to the world. He stated one inspiring statement in his trial, 

“I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if need be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.”- Nelson Mandela
Mandela was finally being released at the age of 72. With his white hair, he became the very first black president of South Africa. During his period as the president, he brought a massive changes in South Africa. He was the one who promoted the reconciliation between the Whites and Blacks. Because of his actions in bringing peace and putting an end to the apartheid regime, he received a Noble Peace Award in 1993. He became the world icon. He decided to retired in 1999. 

His people obviously loved him and still is. His actions will never be forgotten and will remain the most heroic world changing action. Barrack Obama is one of the many who cherishes Nelson Mandela. He said that his first political move was anti-apartheid inspired by Mandela. Obama's words, "I cannot fully imagine my own life without the example Nelson Mandela set."

Even though Mandela was being a president for only five years, I believe that he brings an enormous moral influences to the world. Nelson Mandela will forever be cherished by so many people. I read Nelson Mandela's opinion about death on heavy.com, 
"Death is something inevitable. When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace. I believe I have made that effort and that is, therefore, why I will sleep for eternity."
It was his statement in 1994 when he was being interviewed. For all I can see, Mandela has fulfilled his duty ad now he can rest in peace for eternity. Rest In Peace, Sir. A good leader will always be forever cherished by the people. You are your people's father, legend, and great leader. :)

Thank you for reading. I apologize for my typos or wrong word choice or grammar. You can read the news here , here and here. I got the resources from those three websites. :)

His inspirational quote

His inspirational quote

His inspirational quote

I'll see you soon.
X.O.X.O Chirpy Sad Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment